Transfers are a powerful tool in Fantasy Champions League. In this article, we will quickly look at transfer rules and especially how many free transfers we get at each stage of UCL Fantasy.
This article is a part of a series: How to play Champions League Fantasy
How many free transfers do you get in UEFA Champions League Fantasy?
|Matchday||Number of free transfers||Number of free transfers you can carry to next Matchday|
|Before group stage||Unlimited||-|
|During group stage||2 per matchday||1 per matchday|
|Before round of 16||Unlimited||-|
|Before round of 16 second leg||3||0|
|Before quarter-finals second leg||3||0|
|Before semi-finals second leg||3||0|
Source: Official UCL Fantasy Rules
Before the group stage, you can make an unlimited number of transfers. Between matchdays in the group stage, you can make 2 free transfers.
Each additional transfer you make will cost you 4 points. The points will be deducted from your total score on that matchday.
You can carry one free transfer to the next matchday to have a maximum of 3 free transfers in the next matchday.
The knockout phase
You will get unlimited transfers before the start of R16, so you can rebalance your team and offload all players that got eliminated.
For the replays of each round, you will get 3 free transfers. For each new round (quarterfinals, semifinals, finals), you will get 5 free transfers.
You cannot carry a free transfer to the next matchday during the knockout phase.
How to make transfers in UCL Fantasy?
You have to make transfers before the start of the matchday in order for them to be active for that particular matchday.
- Go to the My Team section
- Click on a player you do not want on your team and select “Transfer Out”
- Search for a player you want in your team in the players list
- Find the player you want to transfer in, click on him and he will be added to the empty spot in your squad
- Confirm the transfers
Can you reverse transfers in UCL Fantasy?
Once you confirm the transfers in your UCL Fantasy team, it cannot be reverted back.
Note: If you accidentally took like -48 points hit, there is one way how to cancel the transfers. You can activate a wildcard or limitless chip and all points hits will be canceled. However, it will cost you a powerful chip that you will not be able to use on other matchdays.
Transfers and chips
When and how to use transfers in UCL Fantasy?
- Use free transfers for tactical purposes, like transferring out injured players, eliminated players, or players who had bad fixtures ahead
- There are always some injuries and suspensions, so your main use of free transfers will be getting rid of players who do not play
- Use transfer to bring in players who have high points potential in the next rounds and good fixtures
- Use transfers to bring in the best captain for the next matchday – captaincy plays a huge role in UCL fantasy and you should try to always have the best captaincy option in your team for each matchday
- Avoid additional transfers for -4 points. Only use -4 points hit when absolutely necessary like when you have many injuries, or when you do not have a good captaincy option in your fantasy team
- Keep an eye on players whose price is likely to change. You can build good team value by transferring out players who you expect to fall in price and bringing in players who you expect to rise in price. However, this should not be your primary focus when doing transfers in UCL Fantasy. It is points that count and the end of the season and not the team value.