The 2023/24 season of Fantasy Premier League starts soon.
So, let’s take a closer look at when we can expect blank and double gameweeks in FPL in new season.
When are blank & double gameweeks in Fantasy Premier League 2023/24?
Gameweek 7: Double Gameweek
Teams that play twice:
- Burnley: NEW (A), LUT (A)
- Luton: EVE (A), BUR (H)
🚨 First #FPL Double Gameweek announced! 🚨
Gameweek 7 👇
👒 Luton: EVE (A), BUR (H)
🟣 Burnley: NEW (A), LUT (A)
— Fantasy Premier League (@OfficialFPL) September 7, 2023
Gameweek 18: Blank Gameweek
- Teams that do not play: Manchester City, Brentford (the match was postponed due to the FIFA Club World Cup 2023 that City will participate in)
Gameweek 26: Likely Blank Gameweek
- small blank gameweek
- due to the collision with Carabao Cup Final
- Teams that do not play: Will be confirmed after the Carabao Cup semifinal second leg which is scheduled on 21. January 2024
Gameweek 29: Likely Blank Gameweek
- big blank gameweek
- due to the collision with FA Cup Quarter Final
- Teams that do not play: Will be confirmed after the FA Cup Fifth Round which is scheduled on 28. February 2024
Gameweek 34: Likely Blank Gameweek
- smaller blank gameweek
- due to the collision with FA Cup Semi-Final
- Teams that do not play: Will be confirmed after the FA Cup Quarterfinal which is scheduled on 16. March 2024
Previous blank & double gameweeks
Gameweek 2: Blank Gameweek
- Teams that do not play: Luton, Burnley (the match was postponed)
Strategy for next blank gameweeks
- The nearest double gameweek will be in Gameweek 7 when Burnley and Luton play twice. Do not tear your team apart just to bring in some of their players, as you would be stuck with them for a long term. It will be totally fine to go with 0 Burnley and Luton players into Gameweek 7. Although if you have Kaboré, Bell or Morris, play them in double gameweek 7. If you have Joao Pedro, you could replace him with Morris.
- Manchester City’s blank against Brentford in GW18 means, they will have a smaller double gameweek later in the season, which could be an opportunity to triple captain Haaland.
What is a double gameweek in Fantasy Premier League?
Double gameweek is a gameweek in Fantasy Premier League, where some teams play twice. So if you own double gameweek players in your fantasy teams, you will get fantasy points from both matches, not just one.
Read more: What is a double gameweek in FPL?
What is a blank gameweek in Fantasy Premier League?
Blank gameweek is a gameweek where some fixtures were postponed so we do not have 10 fixtures as usual, but 9 or fewer. Players with blank gameweek will score zero points for your fantasy team in that round.
Read more: What is a blank gameweek in FPL?