Tips for FPL GW2
Analyzing gameweeks 38 from previous 3 seasons, we noticed that we use to see a lot more goals in the last gameweek of the season. Here are the data:
|Season||Average number of goals in GW1-37||Number of goals in GW38||The craziest score||Players with 3 goal involvement|
|2017/18||26,68||31||Tottenham 5:4 Leicester||Mahrez (1G+2A)|
|2018/19||28||36||Crystal Palace 5:3 Bournemouth||Zaha (3A)|
|2019/20||27,08||33||Manchester City 5:0 Norwich||De Bruyne (2G+1A), Aubameyang (2G+1A)|
Gameweeks 38 from previous three seasons were high scoring. We saw some crazy matches there and players who registered 3 goals involvement.
Will history repeat in GW 38 of 2020/21?
We think so.
FPL GW38 Tips
Our tips for GW38:
- Pick players from teams that still have something to play for (Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Leicester, Everton, Arsenal)
- Play attacking formation, we will see a lot of goals, so 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 is the best formation for GW38
- Salah and Kane are still in the race for golden boot – picking one of these two as your captain is safe option.
- If you have nothing to lose, and your mini-leagues are decided, take -4 or -8 hit to bring in players you think that have high potential to score 10+ points
- If you have nothing to lose, Aubameyang is great differential captain option (he scored 1G in GW of 17/18 season, two goals in GW 38 of 18/19 season and two goals + one assist in 19/20 season. He should also play up front and not on the wing.)
- Target Leeds vs. WBA game. We think that this is the game where the most points are going to be – the game with crazy score. Bamford, Dallas, Raphinha, Pereira – all are great picks.
- Expect unexpected, it is going to be crazy gameweek.
- One player will highly likely register 3 goals involvements, try to estimate who that is and bring him in (our guess is Aubameyang).
- It is the last gameweek of the season, enjoy it
Scout squad for GW 38
5.2 m | AVL (A)
7.8 m | CRY (H)
4.8 m | SOU (H)
5.5 m | WBA (H)
11.3 m | BHA (H)
12.9 m | CRY (H)
5.5 m | WBA(H)
5.4 m | LEE (A)
6.6 m | WBA (H)
11.9 m | LEI (A)
6.6 m | SOU (H)