Gameweek 38 of Fantasy Premier League is usually pretty crazy. Let’s quickly look at our FPL GW38 Tips.
Fantasy Premier League GW38 hide
Craze scores in GW38 of previous seasons
Analyzing gameweeks 38 from previous 4 seasons, we noticed that we use to see a lot more goals in the last gameweek of the season. Here are the data:
|Season||Average number of goals in GW1-37||Number of goals in GW38||The craziest score||Players with 3 goal involvement|
|2017/18||26,68||31||Tottenham 5:4 Leicester||Mahrez (1G+2A)|
|2018/19||28||36||Crystal Palace 5:3 Bournemouth||Zaha (3A)|
|2019/20||27,08||33||Manchester City 5:0 Norwich||De Bruyne (2G+1A), Aubameyang (2G+1A)|
|2020/21||26,89||31||Leicester 2:4 Tottenham||Fornals (2G+1A)|
|2021/22||27,89||39||Arsenal 5:1 Everton||none|
Gameweeks 38 from previous four seasons were high scoring, with at least 4 more goals then the average goals per gameweek. We saw some crazy matches there and (except the last season) players who registered 3 goals involvement.
Will history repeat in GW38 of 2022/23?
We think so.
FPL GW38 Tips
Our tips for GW38:
- Pick players from teams that still have something to play for
- Pick attacking players, if we are going to see a lot of goals, you want not just attacking mids and forwards, but also attacking defenders
- If you have nothing to lose, and your mini-leagues are decided, take -4 or -8 hit to bring in players you think that have high potential to score 10+ points
- If you have nothing to lose, Trossard and Eze are great differentials
- Target Leeds vs. Spurs game, Brentford vs Manchester City and Southampton vs Liverpool. We think that these are the games where the most points are going to be.
- Differential captain for GW38: Son
- Expect unexpected, it is going to be crazy gameweek.
- One player will highly likely register 3 goals involvements, try to estimate who that is and bring him in (our guess is Kane).
- It is the last gameweek of the season, enjoy it