Gameweek 38 of Fantasy Premier League is usually pretty crazy. Let’s quickly look at our FPL GW38 Tips.
Craze scores in GW38 of previous seasons
Analyzing gameweeks 38 from previous 4 seasons, we noticed that we use to see a lot more goals in the last gameweek of the season. Here are the data:
|Season||Average number of goals in GW1-37||Number of goals in GW38||The craziest score||Players with 3 goal involvement|
|2017/18||26,68||31||Tottenham 5:4 Leicester||Mahrez (1G+2A)|
|2018/19||28||36||Crystal Palace 5:3 Bournemouth||Zaha (3A)|
|2019/20||27,08||33||Manchester City 5:0 Norwich||De Bruyne (2G+1A), Aubameyang (2G+1A)|
|2020/21||26,89||31||Leicester 2:4 Tottenham||Fornals (2G+1A)|
|2021/22||27,89||39||Arsenal 5:1 Everton||none|
Gameweeks 38 from previous four seasons were high scoring, with at least 4 more goals then the average goals per gameweek. We saw some crazy matches there and (except the last season) players who registered 3 goals involvement.
Will history repeat in GW38 of 2022/23?
We think so.
FPL GW38 Tips
Our tips for GW38:
- Pick players from teams that still have something to play for
- Pick attacking players, if we are going to see a lot of goals, you want not just attacking mids and forwards, but also attacking defenders
- If you have nothing to lose, and your mini-leagues are decided, take -4 or -8 hit to bring in players you think that have high potential to score 10+ points
- If you have nothing to lose, Trossard and Eze are great differentials
- Target Leeds vs. Spurs game, Brentford vs Manchester City and Southampton vs Liverpool. We think that these are the games where the most points are going to be.
- Differential captain for GW38: Son
- Expect unexpected, it is going to be crazy gameweek.
- One player will highly likely register 3 goals involvements, try to estimate who that is and bring him in (our guess is Kane).
- It is the last gameweek of the season, enjoy it