Gameweek 38 of Fantasy Premier League is usually pretty crazy. Let’s quickly look at our FPL GW38 Tips.
Analyzing gameweeks 38 from previous 4 seasons, we noticed that we use to see a lot more goals in the last gameweek of the season. Here are the data:
|Season||Average number of goals in GW1-37||Number of goals in GW38||The craziest score||Players with 3 goal involvement|
|2017/18||26,68||31||Tottenham 5:4 Leicester||Mahrez (1G+2A)|
|2018/19||28||36||Crystal Palace 5:3 Bournemouth||Zaha (3A)|
|2019/20||27,08||33||Manchester City 5:0 Norwich||De Bruyne (2G+1A), Aubameyang (2G+1A)|
|2020/21||26,89||31||Leicester 2:4 Tottenham||Fornals (2G+1A)|
Gameweeks 38 from previous four seasons were high scoring, with at least 4 more goals then the average goals per gameweek. We saw some crazy matches there and players who registered 3 goals involvement.
Will history repeat in GW38 of 2021/22?
We think so.
FPL GW38 Tips
Our tips for GW38:
- Pick players from teams that still have something to play for (Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool)
- Pick attacking players, if we are going to see a lot of goals, you want not just attacking mids and forwards, but also attacking defenders (TAA, Cancelo, James…)
- Salah and Son are still in the race for golden boot – picking one of these two as your captain is safe option. We prefer Son over Salah
- If you have nothing to lose, and your mini-leagues are decided, take -4 or -8 hit to bring in players you think that have high potential to score 10+ points
- If you have nothing to lose, Mount and James are great differential captain option
- Target Norwich vs. Spurs game. We think that this is the game where the most points are going to be – spread among Spurs players: Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Sessegnon…
- Differential for GW38: Lukaku
- Expect unexpected, it is going to be crazy gameweek.
- One player will highly likely register 3 goals involvements, try to estimate who that is and bring him in (our guess is Son).
- It is the last gameweek of the season, enjoy it
Scout Team for FPL GW38
5.1 m | EVE (H)
8.4 m | WOL (H)
7.2 m | AVL (H)
6.4 m | WAT (H)
4.3 m | NOR (A)
11.2 m | NOR (A)
8.1 m | WOL (H)
7.7 m | WAT (H)
6.9 m | BHA (A)
6.8 m | LEE (H)
12.5 m | NOR (A)