- Florentino (Benfica, 4.5m) – regular starter for Benfica, could recover few balls to score extra fantasy points. One of very few regularly starting 4.5m mids. Not good fixture in Matchday 3, but should get points for balls recovered regardless. Excellent choice for the whole good group stage. Should get 4-5 points in every match he starts. He is a no brainer for those on a regular Wildcard and who want to built a team for the rest of the group stage.
- Fernardo (5.0m, Sevilla) – balls recovered magnet from previous seasons. Missed the first matchday of the campaign due to the injury, but was back for MD2. He has no attacking threat, so you rely on balls recovered points only. But he should get 4-5 points in each match.
- Kudus (5.1m, Ajax) Out of position. Almost a must have fot those on a wildcard. Very underpriced. Plays for attacking team. Good pick for whole group stage.
Mid Priced Picks
- Brozovič (6,0m, Inter Milan) – very good at balls recovered. But you rely on points only from balls recovered.
- Marco Reus (7.6m, Dortmund) – Dortmund’s talisman. He is always involved in their goals. Good fixtures in MD3 and MD4.
- Pedro Goncalves (7.5m, Sporting) – similarly like Reus, a talisman for his team. Did not deliver much this season so far, but that could change during Sporting good fixtures against Marseille.
- Okafor (7.6m, Salzburg) – great fixtures against Zagreb, two goals in two matches so far in first two matchdays
- Sané (9.1m, Bayern) – started 2022/23 Champions League campaign in the same form, as he had in the previous season. You will need Bayern coverage in you fantasy team in MD3 and MD4
- Vinicius (10.0m, Real Madrid) – key player for Real Madrid now, after Benzema injury. Should be good fixture in Matchday 3 against Sachtar
- Salah (11m , Liverpool) – great choice for both type of managers – managers on Limitless Wildcard and managers on regular Wildcard. Captaincy candidate on Tuesday in MD3.
Picking midfielders to your Fantasy Champions League team
When selecting a defender into your UCL Fantasy team you consider:
- If you pick premium midfielder, make sure he is also a good captaincy option.
- If you pick cheap midfielders (less than 5.5 million), make sure they are good at balls recovered
- Also, consider midfielders that are talismans for their teams as they could get awarded MOTM
- Form and fixtures are also an important parts of your decision-making process
- Consider probabilities when picking midfielders. Let bookies any time goalscorer odds to help you with that. You can find them here: Champions League Goalscoring Odds.
- Make sure you have all playing midfielders and no non-starters in your team – you can sub off players when they blank for a player who is yet to play
- Think about structure of your midfield. It could be something like:
- 10m (premium captaincy option)
- 7m (talisman)
- 7m (talisman)
- 6m (differential with good fixture)
- 5m (balls recovered hero)