In this article, we will look at the best midfielders for your Fantasy Champions League team in Round of 16.
Budget midfielders for R16
Florentino (Benfica, 4.5m)
- regular starter for Benfica
- could recover few balls to score extra fantasy points
- One of very few regularly starting 4.5m mids
- A high points floor – should get 3-4 points in every match he starts (scored at least 3 points on each match in the group stage)
- But do not expect more than 5 points from him. Everything above 4 points is a bonus.
- excellent budget enabler
Jorginho (5.6m, Chelsea)
- rotation risk a bit
- but when he plays he is balls recovering magnet and MOTM candidate.
- on penalties
Kvaratskheila (5.9m, Napoli)
- Napoli are superb in attack this season
- 7G + 7A in 15 appearances in Seria A
- 2G + 3A in Champions League
- you will need Napoli offensive coverage given their fixture in R16
- Napoli with the most goals in Seria A this season, and also with the most goals in the Champions League group stage
Mid Priced Picks
- Joao Mario (6.0m, Benfica) – great fixture, in-form, on penalties, plus he is able to recover few balls to score extra 1-2 points
- Sow (6.1, Frankfurt) – very good at balls recovered
- Edwards (7.1m, Sporting) – a key player for Sporting’s attack this Champions League campaign. Good fixture, good price, good form.
- Bellingham (7.5m, Dortmund) – Dortmund’s best player in the Champions League. Top scoring player in UCL Fantasy, delivered at least 5 points on each matchday. MOTM candidate, can recover balls to score extra 1-2 points. Good fixture in MD6. No-brainer pick.
- Foden (8.4m, Manchester City) – rested in Premier League, great form in Premier League this season
- Nkunku (9.0m, Leipzig) – differential midfield pick for MD6
- Vinicius (10.0m, Real Madrid) – blanked just once this UCL season
- De Bruyne (10.5m, Man City) – had his rest in MD5, should start in Matchday 6.
- Salah (11.1m, Liverpool) – good form in the Champions League (despite poor form in Premier League), blanked just in MD1
Tips for picking the best midfielders for your UCL Fantasy team
When selecting a defender for your UCL Fantasy team you consider:
- If you pick a premium midfielder, make sure he is also a good captaincy option.
- If you pick cheap midfielders (less than 5.5 million), make sure they are good at balls recovered
- Also, consider midfielders that are talismans for their teams as they could get awarded MOTM
- Form and fixtures are also important parts of your decision-making process
- Consider probabilities when picking midfielders. Let bookies any time goalscorer odds to help you with that. You can find them here: Champions League Goalscoring Odds.
- Make sure you have all playing midfielders and no non-starters in your team – you can sub off players when they blank for a player who is yet to play
- Think about the structure of your midfield. It could be something like:
- 10m (premium captaincy option)
- 7m (talisman)
- 7m (talisman)
- 6m (differential with good fixture)
- 5m (balls recovered hero)