Matchday 12 – the second leg of the Semifinals is here, and there are just two matchdays left in the current Fantasy Champions League campaign. There is not much room to make a big difference in the overall ranking or in the mini-leagues, as teams of majority of UCL Fantasy managers are looking very similar.
But still, we will do our best to help you with our UCL Fantasy Matchday 12 Tips for Semifinals 2nd leg, where we discuss strategy, best picks, captain, odds, team selection and more.
So, let’s prepare our squads for the replays of the Champions League Semifinals.
1. UCL Fantasy Matchday 12 Tips & Strategy
a) Rebalance your squad and make sure you will have 11 starters in the finals
We will keep our tips short.
The most important thing before the final is: you have to make sure that no matter which teams will advance to the final, you still have 11 starters to field in the final.
Once the second leg of the semifinals is over, you will get 5 free transfers again. So make sure, that no matter which teams will progress, you will have at least 6 players that will have advanced to the final (you will get another 5 players with your 5 free transfers).
It means that sum of players in your team from all possible final combinations is greater or equal to six.
So, use your three free transfers wisely now and think about your tactic.
And before the start of the Matchday 12 make sure you have:
- At least 6 players from Inter Milan and Man City in total (if two of them are goalkeepers, then 7)
- At least 6 players from Inter Milan and Real Madrid in total (if two of them are goalkeepers, then 7)
- At least 6 players from AC Milan and Man City in total (if two of them are goalkeepers, then 7)
- At least 6 players from AC Milan and Real Madrid in total (if two of them are goalkeepers, then 7)
Note: For example you could have 2 x AC Milan, 4 x Manchester City, 4 x Real Madrid and 5 x Inter Milan, with Ederson and Onana goalkeepers
That way you will be protected no matter which teams will advance to the final and you will have 11 players (6 from your current team + 5 transfers).
And way you will not have to take unnecessary hits to field 11 starters in the final.
You can also use our probabilities of progressing to the final to assess which teams will likely advance to the final.
b) Key notes for semi finals 2nd leg
- Pick goalkeepers from both days (ideally Ederson and Onana)
- 5 points is our captaincy threshold (if our captain score 5 or more points we will not change our captaincy)
- 4 points is our substitution threshold (if a player score 4 or more points we will not sub him off)
- Prioritize transferring out the most expensive eliminated players in your fantasy team – that way you can maximize the budget with the starting players
- Benzema, Rodrygo and Leao has injury issues but could start in Matchday 12
- Bring in players who are good at balls recovered (Rodri, Dias…)
- If possible, try to have more (6-9) players who play on Tuesday, so you do not have a substitution headache on Wednesday
- Differential: Gundogan (selected by 3 %, amazing form in last 3 games for City)
Read more about our captaincy thresholds: UCL Fantasy Captaincy Thresholds: When to change captain?
2. Fixtures to target in UCL Fantasy Matchday 12
Which fixtures you should target? We always use bookies’ odds to help us determine that. Let’s look at which teams have the highest chance of winning their match in the Matchday 21 and scoring a lot of goals in that game:
- Manchester City – 59 % to win, 34 % to score more than 2.5 goals
- Inter Milan – 46 % to win, 17 % to score more than 2.5 goals
- AC Milan– 25 % to win, 7 % to score more than 2.5 goals
- Real Madrid – 17 % to win the match, 8 % to score more than 2.5 goals
3. Best players to pick in the Matchday 12
We looked at key players to pick in UCL Fantasy Semifinals 2nd leg (Matchday 12). We examine each position and each price bracket. You can check our separate articles here:
- Best Goalkeeper to pick in UCL Fantasy Semifinals
- Best Defenders to pick in UCL Fantasy Semifinals
- Best Midfielders to pick in UCL Fantasy Semifinals
- Best Forwards to pick in UCL Fantasy Semifinals
4. What bookies says about MD12
What bookies say about Champions League semi finals 2nd leg? We have already show you probabilities of progressing to the final. Now let’s check clean sheet odds and goalscoring odds.
Our probabilities are calculated from bookies odds using our Odds to probability calculator.
Clean sheet odds
Inter Milan (35 %) and Manchester City (34 %) are most likely to keep a clean sheet in the 2nd leg of semifinals.
We will see approximately just 1.01 clean sheet in the following round, so diversify defense of your squad to catch that one clean sheet. Put higher emphasis on owning Manchester City and Inter Milan defensive players.
You can check all MD12 clean sheet odds here: Champions League Clean Sheet Odds.
With a 52 % probability of scoring a goal, Haaland is most likely goalscorers in the 2nd leg of UCL Fantasy semi finals.
You can check all MD12 goalscoring odds here: Champions League Goalscoring Odds.
5. Best captains for UCL Fantasy Semifinals
Lautaro Martinez, who is in great form and who is second for goalscorer odds, is the obvious captaincy option for Tuesday. If you do not trust him to do well, you could go for Inter Milan defenders as your captain, such Dumfries or Dimarco who offer not only high clean sheet potential but also an attacking threat.
Our backup captain for Wednesday is Haaland.
He is in great form, he is the talisman of Manchester City and can score in any game.
6. Scout picks: UCL Fantasy Team Selection for Semifinals 2nd Leg
Few last tips for the Matchday 12.
Do not forget include players that are great in balls recovered (Rodri, Dias) to your team.
With just 2 games, there will not be a lot of UCL Fantasy points distributed among the players. But players recovering balls are offering safe and secure root to points, as they do not have to score goal or keep a clean sheet.
Here is our scout squad, team selection for the UCL Fantasy semifinals 2nd leg.
7. Fantasy Champions League Tips
Find more tips, strategies, and picks for UCL Fantasy in these articles:
- Beginner? Read our guide: How to play UCL Fantasy?
- Confused about the rules? Read the Official guidelines of the game
- Do you want to get better at UCL Fantasy? Read our article about Essential Tips for UCL Fantasy Success.
One thought on “UCL Fantasy Matchday 12: Tips, Captain & Team for Semifinals 2nd Leg”
Should i change my captain from Kdb to benze ?