After a short break, Fantasy Premier League is back. Do not forget that Gameweek 8 deadline is on Friday.
So, let’s move to our FPL GW8 Tips.
FPL Gameweek 8 Tips, Differentials and Transfer Targets
- If your FPL team is full of Liverpool, Chelsea or Brighton players who have blank in GW8, use your wildcard
- If you are on wildcard, do not overlook players who blank in GW8 but have great fixtures afterwards like James or Zaha
- De Bruyne is the best Salah replacement – easy way back to Salah if you need it
- Trippier is the best TAA replacement
- Wildcard punt: James Ward Prowse – he is constantly delivering FPL points each season, but we just can never time when his points come. He is one to buy and then keep.
- Teams to focus on Wildcard: Newcastle (their defence looks solid, Isak as differential), Spurs, Manchester City (triple City with Haaland + KdB + Cancelo looks like very good wildcard solution), Leicester (but not their Defence, only Maddison is one to consider because of his consistency in previous seasons), Fulham
- Manchester City and Arsenal will blank in GW12 – adjust your strategy accordingly
- Gameweek 8 differential: Son
- GW8 Differential Captain: Kane
- Transfer Targets: Trippier, De Bruyne, Mitrovič
Fixtures to target in GW8
Fixtures to target in Gameweek 8 according to bookies odds.
- Wolves vs- Manchester City: City 73 % to win, 42 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Newcastle vs. Bournemouth: Newcastle 66 % to win, 32 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Tottenham vs. Leicester: Spurs 65 % to win, 37 % to score 2.5+ goals
Best Captain Pick in Gameweek 8
We will keep the captaincy section short.
As usual, we narrowed down our list of captaincy picks to three players using our Captaincy Index.
You can read our full here: Best FPL Captain Picks.
According to the Captaincy Index, Haaland is the best captain in Gameweek 8.
kane is the number 2 captaincy pick and Son number 3 captaincy pick.
What bookies odds say about Gameweek 8
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of FPL gameweek 8.
Clean sheet odds for GW8
Bookies favor Manchester City (47 %), Newcastle (46 %) and Tottenham (37 %) to most likely keep a clean sheet in GW8.
Bookies expect 3.57 clean sheets in gameweek 8. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.58 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 4.29 clean sheets per gameweek.
Newcastle and Wolves are due to the correction in their clean sheet count, we expect both teams to concede goals in the upcoming gameweeks.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Newcastle, Wolves
Newcastle overperformed their defensive expectations the most of all teams. They should have kept 1.29 clean sheets instead of 3 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Aston Villa, Leicetser
Aston Villa underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 1.67 clean sheets instead of 0 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW8
Usual look. Haaland leads the goalscoring odds table with 52 % probability of scoring a goal in Gameweek 8. Kane is second with 46 % probability.
You can look at all most likely GW8 goalscorers here.
FPL GW8 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW8. Our scout team for GW is our GW8 Wildcard team you can find here.
We hope our FPL GW8 tips helped you to gather some useful information before the Gameweek 8 deadline.
Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of zte1cv. Or click the auto-join here.
Further reading: FPL Tips for success