FPL GW31 Tips: Transfers, Picks, Captain & Team

fpl gw31 tips 2024
fpl gw31 tips 2024

Gameweek 31 could be another calm round of Fantasy Premier League before we jump back to the chaos of blank gameweeks and double gameweeks later in the season (from GW34 onwards).

So, let’s enjoy it and discuss our FPL GW31 Tips with the best picks, fixtures to target, transfer targets, captain, differentials, odds & team selection.

Do not forget, the deadline is very early, on Tuesday, so do not forget to make changes to your squad.

1. Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 31 Tips

  • Now, you should have a pretty good picture when you use your remaining chips like free hit or wildcard
  • If you aim to free hit in GW34, you can be slowly building your squad towards DGW37 (but do not get overly fixated to double gameweeks, make sure you include reliable single gameweeks players in your plans as well)
  • Liverpool and Arsenal players are top transfers currently, especially for managers who will not free hit in GW34
  • It is OK to take -4 points hit this week in order to rebalance your squad for good Liverpool fixture and their double gameweek in GW34
  • Salah had 12 shots against Brighton in GW30, that is just outstanding. He is our number one transfer target for GW31
  • Also, Salah could be a good triple captain option in GW31, if you plan to use other chips in bigger double gameweeks (like FH in GW34 and BB in GW37). However, if you do not plan free hit or BB in GW34, we would keep the triple captain chip for GW34

Team news

  • It seems that Areola suffered a groin injury, if it is confirmed, we could see him out for couple of gameweeks – but wait for injury news to get it confirmed
  • Watkins was subbed off mainly as a precaution, as he felt something in his hamstring – there are no news currently how serious it could be
  • Lascelles has a knee injury, but we know nothing else from that
  • Gusto suffered a hamstring injury (so it seems unlikely to be back for GW31), but nothing has been confirmed yet

2. FPL Gameweek 31 Transfer Tips and Key Players to pick

Key players to pick

  1. Haaland – captaincy option in any gameweek
  2. Saka
  3. Solanke
  4. Gabriel
  5. Palmer – just keep him regardless fixtures

Transfer Targets

  1. Salah – number one transfer target, your GW31 captain, triple captain option for DGW34
  2. Eze – for double gameweek 34
  3. Darwin, Van Dijk – for non GW34 free hitters, it is time to go triple Liverpool
  4. Havertz – your differential for good Arsenal fixtures and double gameweek 34
  5. Rodrigo Muniz – does not have a double gameweek but allows you to redistribute Watkins funds (if you decide to sell) in order to accommodate Salah
  6. Branthwaite (4.2m), C. Richards (3.9m) – budget defenders who have double gameweek in GW34, and allow you to fund Salah.

Who to transfer out

  • Watkins – this could easily backfire, do not forget he is the top-scorer of current campaign (so selling him feels a bit wrong). But if he had an injury news, we are not sure we want to keep him. Fixtures are also a bit tougher and no double gameweek for Aston Villa.
  • Bowen/Kuds – to accommodate Salah
  • Son – if you had him as your Salah placeholder

3. Fixtures to target in GW31

In which fixtures we could expect a lot of fantasy points? These are the fixtures to target in Gameweek 31 according to bookies odds.

  • Liverpool vs. Sheffield: Liverpool 90 % to win, 70 % to score 2.5+ goals
  • Arsenal vs. Luton: The Gunners 86 % to win, 63 % to score 2.5+ goals
  • Man. City vs. Aston Villa: Citizens 76 % to win, 51 % to score 2.5+ goals
  • Bournemouth vs. Crystal Palace: Bournemouth 51 % to win, 25 % to score 2.5+ goals

Find 2.5+ goals odds for all teams in our article: Premier League Over 2.5 Goals Odds.

4. Updated watchlists: Best players to pick in Gameweek 31 and beyond

We also looked at players from each position: goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and forwards and updated our watchlists.

We examine which players are best picks in each price bracket: budget enablers, midpriced picks, and premium options. Check our watchlists with our ratings and comments here:

5. Best captain pick in FPL GW31

According to our captaincy indexSalah is the best captain in FPL Gameweek 31 with a captaincy index score of 1.94.

Haaland (captaincy index score 1.67) is the number 2 captaincy pick and Son (1.59) is number 3.

However, if you are looking for a differential captain, you could consider to captain Saka or Havertz as their fixture against Luton could also be a high-scoring one.

6. What bookies odds say about Gameweek 31

As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 31.

Clean sheet odds for GW31

With a 52 % probability of keeping a clean sheet, Liverpool leads the clean sheet odds table for GW31 followed by Arsenal (48 %). Bookies also expect Manchester City (41 %) and Bournemouth (30 %) to do well defensively in Gameweek 31.

Expected clean sheets

Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Fulham, Everton

Fulham overperformed their defensive expectations the most of all teams. They should have kept 5.98 clean sheets instead of 8 according to our expected clean sheets table.

Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Chelsea, Brighton

Chelsea underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 8.61 clean sheets instead of 5 according to our expected clean sheets table.

You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.

Goalscoring odds for GW31

Check who leads any time goalscoring odds for GW31 here: Premier League Goalsocring Odds.

7. FPL GW31 Team selection

Now let’s look at our FPL team selection for Gameweek 31 – Scout squad. Salah is our captain.

fpl gw31 wildcard team balanced
fpl gw31 wildcard team selection

8. Fantasy Premier League Tips

Find more tips, strategies and picks for Fantasy Premier League in these articles:

We hope our FPL GW31 tips with the best picks, fixtures, transfer targets, odds, captain picks, and team selection helped you to gather some useful information before the Gameweek 31 deadline.

Feel free to JOIN our Fantasy Football Reports mini-league by clicking this link or using our league code ti56kl.

Good luck in FPL GW31!4

Matej Šuľan

Fantasy Football enthusiast with two top 1k finishes in FPL. Best FPL overall rank: 119th in 2019/20 season. Five top 500 finishes in UCL Fantasy, best overall rank: 23rd in 2018/19 season. Founder of Fantasy Football Reports.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *