Key notes for FPL GW26
Let’s start with our key notes for GW26 of FPL.
- Triple captaining Salah in this gameweek is the easiest decision of the season. He is the best player, he is the top scorer. If you do not have him, do not try to be too clever, and just bring him and captain him
- TAA scored less than 4 FPL points on just 5 occasions this season. He is the differential captain for this double gameweek
- Jota could be out (but wait for press conference info). You want three Liverpool players in double gameweek 26. If Jota is out, Robertson is the third Liverpool player to aim for.
- If you cannot bring Robertson in, Firmino could be great differential this double gameweek (if Jota is out)
- There is a blank gameweek in GW27, so prepare your squad in a way that will get you at least 9 starters for GW27
- You do not need to have 11 double gameweekers in your squad in GW26. Aim for 9. The other two are Bowen and Cancelo – I do not think it is a good idea to bench them.
- Give King or Dennis the one last chance
- Ramsdale is the best goalkeeper for GW26, however, he has blank in GW27
- Burnley have 4 matches in next two gameweeks. They are the only team with back to back double gameweeks
- If you want Burnley player(s), Pope, Cornet, Tarkowski are the ones to pick from (in that order).
- If you have Foster and De Gea in your team, play Foster
- Whether to use triple captain or bench boost is squad-dependent. We prefer using triple captain chip.
Who is the best (triple) captain in FPL GW26
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
If you would like to know more about the process we use to select the captain every gameweek, read our article: How to pick the right captain in FPL?
According to this decision-making process, we think Salah is the best captain in FPL GW26 – and he is the one we will be using our triple captain chip on.
TAA is our number two, and Son is the number three captain pick.
What bookies odds say about GW26
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 26.
Clean sheet odds for GW26
Liverpool and Arsenal dominate the clean sheet odds table for double gameweek 26, and those are two defences you should focus on in your FPL team for GW26.
Liverpool have a 77 % chance of keeping at least one clean sheet in gameweek 26, and a 26 % chance of keeping two clean sheets.
Arsenal have a 73 % chance of keeping at least one clean sheet in gameweek 26 and a 23 % chance of keeping two clean sheets.
Bookies expect 7.94 clean sheets in gameweek 26. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.16 clean sheets per gameweek.
Despite having the biggest chance of keeping two clean sheets in DGW26, Liverpool and Arsenal are still due to the correction in their clean sheet count. So do not be surprised if they concede, and keep just one clean sheet in double gameweek 26.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Arsenal, Liverpool
Arsenal overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. The gunners should have kept 6.83 clean sheets instead of 11 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Watford, Leicester
Watford underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 4.17 clean sheets instead of 1 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW26
We have any time goalscoring odds available just for the first game of the double gameweek. Liverpool attackers dominate the goalscoring odds table for the first match of double gameweek.
Salah (57 %) leads any time goalscorer odds table for GW26. Jota (47 %) and Bowen (43 %) follow. Firmino and Mané with pretty high odds of scoring as well.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.
FPL GW26 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW26. Salah is our triple captain.
5.1 m | BRE (H), WOL (H)
8.5 m | NOR (H), LEE (H)
7.2 m | TOT (H)
7.1 m | NOR (H), LEE (H)
13 m | NOR (H), LEE (H)
7.0 m | NEW (H)
6.5 m | MUN (H), LIV (A)
5.9 m | BHA (A), TOT (H)
7.4 m | LEI (H), ARS (A)
6.1 m | AVL (A), CRY (H))
6.5 m | CHE (H), WAT (A)