There is a quick turnaround between gameweeks in Fantasy Premier League and Gameweek 19 start very soon. It’s a boxing day and we all know what that means – some crazy scores and some rotation.
Let’s prepare for that with our FPL GW19 Tips with the best picks, fixtures, transfer targets, odds, captain picks, and team selection.
1. Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 19 Tips
- Monitor the Haaland situation – he did not play in FIFA Club World Cup Final, so we are very skeptical about him being fit for GW19 – it looks unlikely. On the other hand, Alvarez could be a great differential.
- If Haaland is not fit, make sure you have a plan for how you get him back. Who will you transfer out? Alvarez, Watkins or Solanke? Will you have enough money in the bank or will you have to free some money with -4 point hit? Make sure you have a plan, because that can influence your transfer decision for GW19 – for example, you might not go for Trent, if it would mean you cannot get Haaland back in a few simple moves or without hits.
- If you have the first wildcard available, you can use it either before GW19 or before the GW20 deadline. After the GW20 deadline, the first wildcard expires. See our FPL calendar.
- Have a plan for what you will do with players who will go to AFCON in GW21. Read more about which players will miss PL due to AFCON and Asian Cup in our article: Which players go to AFCON and Asian Cup? (+Impact on FPL)
- Pedro Neto is back, you can put him back on your watchlist, as he could be your Hwang replacement once Hwang leaves for Asian Cup in GW21
- Keep Darwin for the Burnley fixture
- Keep or sell Saka? Read more Saka: Keep or sell
- Just bench Palmer for GW19 as he is suspended. You will want him for GW20 anyway.
2. FPL Gameweek 19 Transfer Tips and Key Players to pick
Key players to pick
- Salah – great form
- Saka, Odegaard – aim to have at least one Arsenal midfielder – you could even double up on their midfield once the AFCON starts (as you will be looking for Son and Salah replacement)
- Gabriel/Saliba/Raya – have at least one Arsenal defensive player
- Gordon – could be absolute gold during Newcastle’s fixture run, but wait for injury news
- Pedro Porro – attacking threat, on set pieces while Maddison is out
- Alvarez – depending on Haaland’s fitness
- Bowen – you will want him for the run in GW20 – GW22
- Or even Brentford defender like Pinnock for their good next 3 fixtures
Who to transfer out
3. Fixtures to target in FPL GW19
In which fixtures we could expect a lot of fantasy points? These are the fixtures to target in Gameweek 19 according to bookies odds.
- Arsenal vs. West Ham: The Gunners 73 % to win, 42 % to score 2.5+ goal
- Burnley vs. Liverpool: The Reds 69 % to win, 44 % to score 2.5+ goal
- Newcastle vs. Nottingham: Newcastle 68 % to win, 34 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Everton vs. Man. City: Citizens 60 % to win, 31 % to score 2.5+ goals
Find 2.5+ goals odds for all teams in our article: Premier League Over 2.5 Goals Odds.
4. Updated watchlists: Best players to pick in Gameweek 19 and beyond
We also looked at players from each position: goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and forwards and updated our watchlists.
We examine which players are best picks in each price bracket: budget enablers, midpriced picks, and premium options. Check our watchlists with our ratings and comments here:
5. Best captain pick in GW19
According to our captaincy index, Salah is the best captain in FPL Gameweek 19 with a captaincy index score of 1.81.
Haaland (captaincy index score 1.65) is the number 2 captaincy pick – but he is and injury doubt which is not considered in our algorithm, and Saka (1.43) is number 3.
If you are looking for a differential captain, you could consider Alvarez or Foden. Son could be also a good option against leaky Brighton’s defense.
6. What bookies odds say about Gameweek 19
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 19.
Clean sheet odds for GW19
Arsenal (46 %) is the most likely team to keep a clean sheet in GW19. Bookies also favor Newcastle (45 %) and Chelsea (42 %) to potentially keep a clean sheet in GW19
Bookies expect 4.84 clean sheets in gameweek 19 in the last season, we were used to a rate of 5.45 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 4.33 clean sheets per gameweek.
Expected clean sheets
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Everton, Newcastle
Everton overperformed their defensive expectations the most of all teams. They should have kept 4.16 clean sheets instead of 6 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Brighton, Manchester City
Brighton underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 4.65 clean sheets instead of 0 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW19
Check who leads any time goalscoring odds for GW19 here: Premier League Goalsocring Odds.
7. FPL GW19 Team selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team selection for Gameweek 19. Salah is our captain.
8. Fantasy Premier League Tips
Find more tips, strategies and picks for Fantasy Premier League in these articles:
- Beginner? Read our guide: How to play Fantasy Premier League
- Confused about the rules? Read the Official rules of the game or check our FAQs
- Want to beat your mini-league rivals? This article is for you: 7 Key Tips for Fantasy Premier League Success
- Interested in improving your decision-making process when picking players to your fantasy team? Check out Books that will help you to improve your FPL skills
We hope our FPL GW19 tips with the best picks, fixtures, transfer targets, odds, captain picks, and team selection helped you to gather some useful information before the Gameweek 19 deadline.
Feel free to JOIN our Fantasy Football Reports mini-league by clicking this link or using our league code ti56kl.
Good luck in FPL GW19!