Such a relief for millions of Fantasy Premier League managers, as it looks like PL boxing day fixtures will go ahead. But the chaos is not over yet. And chaos brings opportunities.
So, let’s prepare our fantasy teams for another gameweek with our FPL GW19 Tips.
Opportunity for our readers: Do you want to be part of our team and become a content writer for Fantasy Football Reports? If you are interested in writing FPL content for (with) us, read our article about expanding our team here to see if you qualify. Then send us an email! We are looking forward to cooperation!
FPL GW19 Tips
Key notes for FPL GW16
Let’s start with our key notes for GW19 of FPL.
- All fantasy managers were awarded with a second free hit chip. Use it wisely. The best time to use the chip will likely be in GW22 that could be a big double gameweek due to postponements. However, nothing is confirmed yet.
- Antonio tested positive, so he is likely out of GW19. However, according to sources, he is double vaccinated and shows no symptoms – he could be back in GW20
- AFCON is coming. Monitor the situation about African players (Salah, Mané, Dennis, Mendy…) that will go there and likely miss few gameweeks while representing their nations
- Chelsea have blanks on the horizon (Gw24 & GW25) due to FIFA Club World Cup. So be prepared for that and plan what you will do with their players in your team
- You could save your free transfer in GW19 and wait till we get information about postponements and possible double gameweek 22 (or 21).
- If you are bringing in some players, buy players from teams that are over their issues with illnesses – such as Tottenham.
- Son is our number one transfer target or GW19
Further reading: 3 Essential tips for effective use of wildcard in FPL
Who is the best captain in FPL GW19
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
If you would like to know more about the process we use to select the captain every gameweek, read our article: How to pick the right captain in FPL?
According to this decision-making process, we think Salah is the best captain in FPL GW19.
Son is our number two, and Ronaldo is the number three captain pick.
What bookies odds say about GW19
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 19.
Clean sheet odds for GW19
Manchester City (49 %), Arsenal (47 %) and Liverpool (47 %) are most likely to keep a clean sheet in GW19.
Bookies expect 5.57 clean sheets in gameweek 19. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.39 clean sheets per gameweek.
Liverpool and Manchester City are still due to the correction in their clean sheet count, we expect both teams to concede goals in the upcoming gameweeks.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Liverpool, Manchester City
Liverpool overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. The reds should have kept 7.13 clean sheets instead of 10 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Watford, Leicester
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW19
Salah (60 %) leads the any time goalscorer odds table for GW19. Ronaldo (48 %) follows.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.
FPL GW19 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW19. Salah is our captain.
4.6 m | BRE (H)
8.3 m | LEE (H)
6.8 m | LEI (H)
6.3 m | AVL (A)
4.5 m | NOR (A)
13.1 m | LEE (H)
10.3 m | CRY (H)
8.1 m | LEE (H)
6.5 m | SOU (H)
7.5 m | WAT (H)
6 m | WOL (A)