There is not a lot of time before the deadline of Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 18 and FPL managers have to react quickly to prepare their squads. There are first double gameweeks on the horizon, so we need to adjust our strategy to that.
Without further ado, let’s start with our FPL GW18 Tips.
1. Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 18 Tips
- plan for upcoming double gameweeks, few of them have been announced, but others are likely to happen too
- it is likely a double gameweek in GW21 too, but nothing has been confirmed yet, so we do not know which teams will play there and we can only guess
- so, if you can, save one free transfer now, so you can use it before GW19 (to bring in Chelsea player) or in other double gameweeks
- Keep faith in KdB if you chose him over Salah the last gameweek – it may be the other way around in GW18 – KdB hauling while Salah blanking. Stick to your decision. Salah owners won the previous round, but both players were 50/50 call, two options laying on the same indifference curve
- Looking for a Reece James replacement? Check our article: Best Reece James replacements for Gameweek 18
- Transfer targets for GW18: Mitrovič (although still on 4 yellow card), Chelsea defender, Martial, Rashford
- Differential captain for Gameweek 18: De Bruyne
- GW18 differential: Sterling (selected by 4.3%)
2. Fixtures to target in GW18
In which fixtures we could expect a lot of fantasy points? Fixtures to target in Gameweek 18 according to bookies odds:
- Manchester City vs Everton: Citizens 87 % to win, 59 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Liverpool vs Leicester: The Reds 75 % to win, 48 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Newcastle vs Leeds: Newcastle 66 % to win, 37 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Tottenham vs Aston Villa: Spurs 57 % to win, 32 % to score 2.5+ goals
3. Best players to pick in Gameweek 18
We also looked at players from each position: goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and forwards.
We examine which players are best picks in each price bracket: budget enablers, midpriced picks, and premium options:
- Best FPL goalkeepers to pick in Gameweek 18
- Best FPL defenders to pick in Gameweek 18
- Best FPL midfielders to pick in Gameweek 18
- Best FPL forwards to pick in Gameweek 18
4. Best captain pick in GW18
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
According to our captaincy index, Haaland is the best captain pick in FPL GW18 with an index score of 1.99.
Salah is its number 2 captain with a score of 1.92 and Kane is the third with a score of 1.48.
5. What bookies odds say about Gameweek 18
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 18.
Clean sheet odds for GW18
Manchester City (58 %) is the most likely team to keep a clean sheet in GW18. Bookies also favor Liverpool (44 %) and Chelsea (41 %) to potentially keep a clean sheet in GW18
Bookies expect 5.24 clean sheets in gameweek 18. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.58 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.06 clean sheets per gameweek.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Newcastle, Leicester
Newcastle overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 4.47 clean sheets instead of 8 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Southampton, Liverpool
Southampton underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 2.7 clean sheets instead of 1 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW18
As usual, Haaland (62 %) leads the any time goalscorer odds table for GW18. Kane, Salah and Nunez follow.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here: Premier League Goalscoring Odds.
6. FPL GW18 Team selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team selection for GW18. Haaland is our captain.
7. Fantasy Premier League Tips
Find more tips, strategies and picks for Fantasy Premier League in these articles:
- Beginner? Read our guide: How to play Fantasy Premier League
- Confused about the rules? Read the Official rules of the game or check our FAQs
- Want to beat your mini-league rivals? This article is for you: 7 Key Tips for Fantasy Premier League Success
- Interested in improving your decision-making process when picking players to your fantasy team? Check out Books that will help you to improve your FPL skills
We hope our FPL GW18 tips helped you to gather some useful information before the Gameweek 18 deadline.
Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of zte1cv. Or click the auto-join here.
Good luck in FPL GW18!
2 thoughts on “FPL GW18 Tips: Best Picks, Differentials & Team Selection”
Assuming you are playing only 3 defenders, you should save money on 2 cheaper defenders who will be on the bench. You can save more by getting a cheap sub goalkeeper, if your first option is very likely to start. Then use that excess cash to buy strikers better than Brewster and Davis, who are incredibly weak options.
Thanks for the idea! Actually, I plan to play 4-5-1, with Yedlin, Brewster, Davis on my bench (in this order). I like playing on four defenders due tu value distribution in recent seasons.