We move on to the fifth gameweek of Fantasy Premier League.
Here are our FPL GW5 Tips.
Opportunity for our readers: Do you want to be part of our team and become a content writer for Fantasy Football Reports? If you are interested in writing FPL content for (with) us, read our article about expanding our team here to see if you qualify. Then send us an email! We are looking forward to cooperation!
FPL GW5 Tips
Key notes for GW5
Let’s start with key notes for GW5 of Fantasy Premier League. We use xG and xA in our analysis. If you are not sure what those stats mean, read our article about expected goals.
- Mané has the most shots (22) and the highest xG (3.52) among all players this season so far. He is underperforming his stats, he could catch up with goals and assists soon
- TAA has the highest xA (2.51) among all players this season so far. Worth the premium price. Could be on course to 200+ points season
- Jimenez is very active, a lot of shots (13), key passes (12), but ONLY 1 shot on target.
- Traore is underperforming his stats as well.
- Semedo very active too, 0.86 xG and 0.21 xA – he should have had one attacking return so far based on these stats
- Marcal accumulated only 0.06 xA this season so far. Could be a trap.
- Gallagher boosts his FPL appeal with some good stats – 10 shots, 2.6 xG and 1.42 xA. Basically, he should have had even one more attacking return. Could be a real deal, but we would wait few more fixtures.
- Mount 3rd for xA. Could be a great FPL asset when Chelsea fixtures turn green
- Pogba 7 assists from 1.25 xA. Could be a trap.
- Wolves have an outstanding run of fixtures and great stats
- Leeds has an amazing run of fixtures. Bamford + Raphinha double up could be a good way to go for the next couple of weeks
- Worst defenses: Leeds, Newcastle, and Arsenal (in that order) conceded the most xG this season
- Best defenses: City, Brentford, Liverpool conceded the fewest xG this season
- Worst attacks: Watford, Leicester and Norwich accumulated the fewest xG this season
- Best attacks: City, Liverpool, Man United accumulated highest xG this season
Do not forget to check out Aleksei’s transfers tips for FPL GW5 here.
What bookies odds say about GW5
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 5.
Clean sheet odds for GW5
Manchester City and Liverpool are the only teams with a probability of a clean sheet higher than 50 % in GW5. The Reds and Citizens are followed by Wolves and Chelsea.
So this is where we should be looking for clean sheets in the next round of FPL.
Bookies expect 5.55 clean sheets in gameweek 5. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW5
Ronaldo (54 %), Salah (50 % and Torres (50 %) dominates the goalscoring odds for GW5. They are closely followed by City players, Bamford, Jota and Lukaku.
These are the players that bookies expect to most likely score in GW5.
You can look at all most likely GW5 goalscorers here.
FPL GW5 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW5.
5.0 m | NEW (A)
7.5 m | CRY (H)
6 m | SOU (H)
5.5 m | BHA (A)
4.5 m | BRE (H)
12.5 m | CRY (H)
7.7 m | CRY (A)
7.3 m | SOU (H)
6.5 m | NEW (A)
12.6 m | WHU (A)
7.9 m | NEW (A)
We hope our FPL GW5 tips helped you to gather some useful information before the deadline.
Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of dwchch. Or click the auto-join here.
Good luck in FPL GW5!