Key notes for FPL GW25
Let’s start with our key notes for GW25 of FPL.
- Double Gameweek for Manchester United and Brighton, also blank for Chelsea and Arsenal
- 2 double gameweek players are fine to go into DGW25. You do not need to overload on Brighton and Manchester United players
- Do not tear you team apart to bring in double gameweek player from Manchester United and Brighton, rather focus on bringing in Salah back
- If you do not have Ronaldo or Fernandes, pick de Gea asi your GW25 captain – he scored more 2 FPL points in 57 % of matches. De Gea has most saves from all goalkeepers, so even if Man United concede, he has solid chance of scoring 6+ points,
- If you are keen on bringing in Brighton attacker, go for Maupay over Trossard. Maupay has an attacking return almost every 2 games (Trossard every 5 games), so he is more likely to get you something in DGW25
Who is the best captain in FPL GW25
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
If you would like to know more about the process we use to select the captain every gameweek, read our article: How to pick the right captain in FPL?
According to this decision-making process, we think Ronaldo is the best captain in FPL GW25.
Salah is our number two, and Fernandes is the number three captain pick.
What bookies odds say about GW25
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 25.
Clean sheet odds for GW25
Manchester City (55 %) is the only team with a probability of a clean sheet in GW25 higher than 50 %. Liverpool, Tottenham has high chance of clean sheet as well.
Bookies expect 5.42 clean sheets in gameweek 25. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.53 clean sheets per gameweek.
Arsenal and Manchester City are still due to the correction in their clean sheet count, we expect both teams to concede goals in the upcoming gameweeks.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Arsenal, Manchester City
Arsenal overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. The Gunners should have kept 6.47 clean sheets instead of 10 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Watford, Leicester
Watford underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 3.82 clean sheets instead of 1 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW25
Salah (47 %) leads the any time goalscorer odds table for GW25. Ronaldo (41 % & 47 %) follows.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.
FPL GW16 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW25. Ronaldo is our captain.
5.3 m | SOU (H), BHA (H)
8.5 m | BUR (A)
7.1 m | NOR (A)
5.8 m | NOR (A)
5.1 m | WAT (A), MUN (A)
6.9 m | LEI (A)
8.6 m | NOR (A)
8.5 m | BUR (A)
7.1 m | NEW (A)
12.5 m | SOU (H), BHA (H)
6.5 m | WAT (A), MUN (A)