It is time to prepare our Fantasy Premier League teams for Gameweek 21 and beyond. Double gameweeks and blank gameweeks are on the horizon, have that in mind.
Let’s jump to our FPL GW21 Tips.
1. Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 21 Tips
- Wait until cup cup games and double gameweek fixtures end before you make your transfers
- Try to safe a transfers, as there might be a double gameweek in GW22, and we have another confirmed double gameweek in GW23
- Transfer targets for GW21: Arsenal midfielders – double up on them regardless the fixtures, Toney
- Differential captain for Gameweek 21: Mahrez
- GW21 differential: Wilson (selected by 4.8%)
2. Fixtures to target in GW21
In which fixtures we could expect a lot of fantasy points? Fixtures to target in Gameweek 21 according to bookies odds:
- Manchester City vs Wolves: Citizens 81 % to win, 52 % to score 2.5+ goals
- West Ham vs Everton: The Hammers 54 % to win, 22 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Liverpool vs Chelsea: The Reds 51 % to win, 26 % to score 2.5+ goals
3. Best captain pick in Gameweek 21
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
According to our captaincy index, Haaland is the best captain pick in FPL GW21 with an index score of 1.8.
Salah is its number 2 captain with a score of 1.54 and Mahrez is the third with a score of 1.28.
4. What bookies odds say about Gameweek 21
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 21.
Clean sheet odds for GW21
Manchester City (54 %) is the most likely team to keep a clean sheet in GW21. Bookies also favor Newcastle (39 %) and West Ham (39 %) to potentially keep a clean sheet in GW21
Bookies expect 5.10 clean sheets in gameweek 21. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.58 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.3 clean sheets per gameweek.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Newcastle, Manchester United
Newcastle overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 5.41 clean sheets instead of 11 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Liverpool, Southampton
Liverpool underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 6.59 clean sheets instead of 4 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW21
You can look at all most likely goalscorers for GW21 here: Premier League Goalscoring Odds. No surprise that Haaland leads the table by a big margin again.
5. FPL GW21 Team selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team selection for Gameweek 21. Haaland is our captain.
6. Fantasy Premier League Tips
Find more tips, strategies and picks for Fantasy Premier League in these articles:
- Beginner? Read our guide: How to play Fantasy Premier League
- Confused about the rules? Read the Official rules of the game or check our FAQs
- Want to beat your mini-league rivals? This article is for you: 7 Key Tips for Fantasy Premier League Success
- Interested in improving your decision-making process when picking players to your fantasy team? Check out Books that will help you to improve your FPL skills
We hope our FPL GW21 tips helped you to gather some useful information before the Gameweek 21 deadline.
Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of zte1cv. Or click the auto-join here.
Good luck in FPL GW21!