In the coming days, there are another two gameweeks of Fantasy Premier League on the horizon. Let’s look at our usual FPL GW16 Tips to help you navigate through the upcoming gameweek.
Opportunity for our readers: Do you want to be part of our team and become a content writer for Fantasy Football Reports? If you are interested in writing FPL content for (with) us, read our article about expanding our team here to see if you qualify. Then send us an email! We are looking forward to cooperation!
FPL GW16 Tips
Key notes for FPL GW16
Let’s start with our key notes for GW16 of FPL.
- Brighton vs. Tottenham will likely be postponed due to the covid outbreak among Spurs players, so pay attention to the news about it
- Midweek Spurs match against Leicester in the danger of postponement as well
- Do not make early transfers, wait for the situation to evolve, forget about price rises and team value for the next few days
- It is too big a risk to hold on to Spurs players. We do not which ones tested positive. When we get some news or confirmation of postponement, you should sell Son and Kane
- Also sell Toney. King and Dennis are the best Toney replacements
- Ronaldo is the best Son replacement (via two transfers) and the best Kane replacement
- Read full FPL GW16 Transfer Tips here.
- Manchester United have amazing run of fixtures ahead, do not overlook it
- Callagher could be a good pick again, he had couple of blanks in last few gameweeks, he should start firing again soon.
- If you still have your wildcard left, consider activating it in order to sell Kane, Son, Toney, Sanchez, or another doubtful player in your team
Further reading: 3 Essential tips for effective use of wildcard in FPL
Who is the best captain in FPL GW16
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
If you would like to know more about the process we use to select the captain every gameweek, read our article: How to pick the right captain in FPL?
According to this decision-making process, we think Salah is the best captain in FPL GW16.
Ronaldo is our number two, and Fernandes is the number three captain pick.
What bookies odds say about GW16
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 16.
Clean sheet odds for GW16
Manchester City (59 %) is the only team with a probability of a clean sheet in GW16 higher than 50 %. Bookies also favor Chelsea (46 %) and Liverpool (43 %) to keep a clean sheet in GW16.
Bookies expect 5.41 clean sheets in gameweek 16. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.53 clean sheets per gameweek.
Liverpool and Southampton are still due to the correction in their clean sheet count, we expect both teams to concede goals in the upcoming gameweeks.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Liverpool, Southampton
Liverpool overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. The reds should have kept 5.8 clean sheets instead of 9 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Leicester, Watford
Leicester underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 4.05 clean sheets instead of 1 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW16
Salah (54 %) leads the any time goalscorer odds table for GW16. Ronaldo (47 %) follows.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.
FPL GW16 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW16. Salah is our captain.
4.6 m | EVE (H)
8.1 m | AVL (H)
6.8 m | WOL (H)
6.2 m | LEE (H)
4.4 m | SOU (H)
13.1 m | AVL (H)
7.6 m | WOL (H)
8 m | AVL (H)
5.5 m | WAT (H)
12.4 m | NOR (A)
5.7 m | BRE (A)