The blank gameweek 12 that the Fantasy Premier League community has been talking about for weeks is here. Hopefully you planned for it and now you are well prepared!
So, let’s quickly jump to our FPL GW12 Tips.
- if you have two free transfers and your team is in a very good condition (no James, no Maddison), consider using just one and to save the other. It will be easier for you to bring back Arsenal and Manchester City players in GW13 with 2 free transfers.
- However, if your team is in bad shape, use both of your transfers or even use -4 point hits if you cannot field 11 quality players
- If you have a wildcard, you can use it now, but our recommendation is to activate it after the blank, to rebalance your FPL team
- Free Hit is going to be more valuable later in a season, where we will face blank gameweeks with fewer matches
- So, only use free hit, if you can only field 6 or less players and your team is 3xArsenal, 3xManchester City + injured and suspended players like James and Maddison. But it will be hard for your to navigate the blanks latter in the season
- Transfer Targets: Salah, Trossard, TAA
- Best Maddison replacement: Trossard
- Best James replacements: Trippier, TAA
- GW12 Differential: Robertson
- Differential captain: Trossard
- Teams to focus on in GW12: Liverpool, Brighton, Newcastle, Chelsea
Fixtures to target in Gameweek 12
With one game less, there are still good fixtures where we could expect a lot of fantasy points.
Fixtures to target in Gameweek 12 according to bookies odds are these.
- Brighton vs. Nottingham: Brighton 68 % to win, 33 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Liverpool vs. West Ham: Liverpool 67 % to win, 40 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Newcastle vs. Everton: Newcastle 58 % to win, 27 % to score 2.5 goals
- Brentford vs. Chelsea – Chelsea 58 % to win, 28 % to score 2.5+ goals
Who is the best captain in FPL GW12
We will keep the captaincy section short. With Haaland having a blank gameweek, it is a nice to have other options for captaincy in GW12.
According to our captaincy index, Mohamed Salah is the best captain in FPL GW12.
What bookies odds say about GW12
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 12.
Clean sheet odds for GW12
Brighton (48 %) has the highest probability of a clean sheet in GW12. Bookies also favor Newcastle (40 %), Chelsea (38 %) and Liverpool (38 %) to keep a clean sheet in GW12.
Bookies expect 4.61 clean sheets in gameweek 12. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.58 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 4.82 clean sheets per gameweek.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Wolves, Newcastle
Wolves overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 2.32 clean sheets instead of 4 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Southampton, Fulham
Southampton underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 1.74 clean sheets instead of 0 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW12
Salah (40 %) and Wilson (38 %) are most likely to score a goal in FPL GW12 according to bookies any time goalscorer odds.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.