Key notes for FPL GW34
Let’s start with our key notes for GW34 of FPL.
- If on wildcard, bring in three Chelsea players to exploit DGW34 and DGW36
- Avoid Manchester United players
- Bring in Villa players due to double in GW36 and 37
- If you still have your bench boost available, set up your bench now, so you could use the BB chip in GW36 or 37
- There is not much value among attackers, you could try play 5-4-1 formation with Pukki as a striker
- TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Laporte, James are our back 5
- do not try to play pep roulette by bringing in Manchester City attacker/mids. Focus on their defense. Cancelo, Ederson and Laporte should be the safe route to the points from City player. Bring in at leas two of them
Further reading: 3 Essential tips for effective use of wildcard in FPL
Who is the best captain in FPL GW34
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
If you would like to know more about the process we use to select the captain every gameweek, read our article: How to pick the right captain in FPL?
According to this decision-making process, we think Salah is the best captain in FPL GW16.
Son is our number two, and Kane is the number three captain pick.
What bookies odds say about GW34
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 34.
Clean sheet odds for GW34
Manchester City (63 %) is the only team with a probability of a clean sheet in GW34 higher than 50 %. Bookies also favor Liverpool and Chelsea (43 %) to keep a clean sheet in gameweek 34.
Bookies expect 5.93 clean sheets in gameweek 34. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.48 clean sheets per gameweek.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Liverpool, Manchester City
Liverpool overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. The reds should have kept 12.79 clean sheets instead of 19 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Leicester, Manchester United
Man United underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 10.89 clean sheets instead of 7 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW34
Salah (52 %) leads the any time goalscorer odds table for GW34. Mahrez and Jota follow.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.