Key notes for FPL GW29
Let’s start with our key notes for GW29 of FPL.
- Your strategy for GW29 depends on whether you are using your free hit in blank gameweek 30
- If you will use your free hit in GW30, focus on bringing in players from Liverpool, Spurs and Everton
- If you are not free hitting in GW30, bring in players from Arsenal and Spurs
- Arsenal and Spurs are only two teams which have 3 fixtures in next 2 gameweeks
- Burnley, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Manchester City, Manchester United, Norwich, Southampton, Watford have only 1 fixture in next 2 gmaeweeks
- Ramsdale, Saka, Lacazette are three best options from Arsenal (in that order)
- Son, Kane, Kulusevski are best three options from Spurs (in that order)
- Doherty could be a trap, if you are keen on bringing in Spurs defensive player, bring in Lloris
- If you do not plan to use your free hit in GW30, you can “dead end” your team to GW30 and in GW31 use wildcard
Further reading: 3 Essential tips for effective use of wildcard in FPL
Who is the best captain in FPL GW29
We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
If you would like to know more about the process we use to select the captain every gameweek, read our article: How to pick the right captain in FPL?
According to this decision-making process, we think Salah is the best captain in FPL GW29.
Son is our number two, and Kane is the number three captain pick.
What bookies odds say about GW29
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 29.
Clean sheet odds for GW29
Chelsea (49 %) is the most likely team to keep a clean sheet in GW29. Bookies also favor Manchester City (48 %) and Southampton (40 %) to keep a clean sheet in GW29.
Bookies expect 6.79 clean sheets in gameweek 29. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.46 clean sheets per gameweek.
Liverpool and Manchester City are two teams due to the correction in their clean sheet count, we expect both teams to concede goals in the upcoming gameweeks.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Liverpool, Manchester City
Liverpool overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. The reds should have kept 10.99 clean sheets instead of 15 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Leeds, Manchester United
Leeds underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 5.46 clean sheets instead of 3 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW29
Salah (44 %) leads the any time goalscorer odds table for GW29. Bamford (42 %) and Mahrez (40 %) follow.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.
FPL double gameweek 29 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for double gameweek 29. Salah is our captain.
5.1 m | LEI (H), LIV (H)
8.5 m | BHA (A), ARS (A)
7.2 m | BHA (A), ARS (A)
5.8 m | CRY (A)
6.1 m | NEW (H)
4.6 m | MUN (A), BHA (A)
13.2 m | BHA (A), ARS (A)
10.8 m | MUN (A), BHA (A)
6.1 m | MUN (A), BHA (A)
6.5 m | NOR (H)
8.3 m | LEI (H), LIV (H)