We are slowly heading to the end of the first part of this Fantasy Premier League season. After Gameweek 13, there will be just 3 rounds left before the World Cup starts and we all get unlimited transfers again. So if you still have your first wildcard, this is probably the best time to use it.
Let’s jump to our FPL GW13 Tips.
- If you still have a wildcard, use it now to bring in back Manchester City and Arsenal players
- Focus only on fixtures between now and gameweek 16
- Jesus is overlooked, however, he is on 4 yellow cards, so there is a risk that he get suspended
- You do not need 2 heavy hitters, as you will likely captain Haaland in every gameweek until GW16, so you can focus on creating more balance in your FPL squad
- Transfer Targets: Foden – MCI has amazing fixtures run, you will need 3 of them. Haaland + Cancelo + Foden is our recommended combo, but you can go for Haaland + 2 defenders as well. We will see clean sheets for City in this run. Dias (if you won’t go double MCI attack) Saka – good run of fixtures for Arsenal as well
- GW13 differential: Robertson
- Differential captain: Foden
🕛 When is a better time to use your wildcard if not now? We all get unlimited transfers after GW16. This would be our wildcard team for Gameweek 13. #FPLCommunity #GW3 #FPL— Fantasy Football Reports (@FplReports) October 21, 2022
Read our article here:https://t.co/LrsmPIVVZX pic.twitter.com/J3aiuuuy0n
Fixtures to target in GW13
In which fixtures we could expect a lot of fantasy points? Fixtures to target in Gameweek 13 according to bookies odds:
- Manchester City vs. Brighton: City 81 % to win, 51 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Nottingham vs. Liverpool: Liverpool 77 % to win, 47 % to score 2.5+ goals
- West Ham vs. Bournemouth: West Ham 62 % to win, 29 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Southampton vs. Arsenal – Arsenal 61 % to win, 33 % to score 2.5+ goals
Best captain pick in FPL Gameweek 13
We will keep the captaincy section short. We think that Haaland is a safe captain pick for each match between now and GW16.
However, our captaincy index (the system we developed) has a different idea about the best Gameweek 13 captain pick.
According to our captaincy index, Mohamed Salah is the best captain pick in FPL GW13 with an index score of 1.73.
Haaland is its number 2 captain with a score of 1.67. Saka is the third pick with a score of 1.33.
What bookies odds say about Gameweek 13
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 13.
Clean sheet odds for GW13
Manchester City (52 %) has the highest chance of a clean sheet in GW13. Bookies also favor Liverpool (49 %) and West Ham (44%) to keep a clean sheet in GW13.
It is okay to go for double Man City defence (instedad of double attack) in your #FPL team. City leads the clean sheets odds table for Gameweek 13. #FPLCommunity #GW3— Fantasy Football Reports (@FplReports) October 21, 2022
All odds available here: https://t.co/qqR5rkkZ9x pic.twitter.com/EoZIDHHS5v
Bookies expect 5.15 clean sheets in gameweek 13. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.58 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.25 clean sheets per gameweek.
Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Newcastle, Manchester United
Newcastle overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 2.94 clean sheets instead of 5 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Southampton, Aston Villa
Southampton finally kept a clean sheet against Bournemouth in GW12, but they are still due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets.
Southampton underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 2.01 clean sheets instead of 1 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW13
Back to usual, Haaland leads the Goalscoring Odds table with a probability of scoring 58 %.
You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.
Back to usual. 👉Haaland leads the goalscoring odds again. #FPL #FPLCommunity #GW3— Fantasy Football Reports (@FplReports) October 21, 2022
Odds for more players here: https://t.co/et4aIgVw0p pic.twitter.com/nJzPgc1Bjc
FPL Gameweek 13 Team Selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW13. Salah is our captain, as we will respect the resuluts of our captaincy index system.
5.0 m | BOU (H)
7.3 m | BHA (H)
6.7 m | NFO (A)
5.3 m | NEW (H)
4.5 m | SOU (A)
12.8 m | NFO (A)
8.4 m | BHA (H)
6.7 m | SOU (A)
12.1 m | BHA (H)
6.8 m | LEE (A)
6.8 m | BOU (H)
Hopefully, our FPL GW13 tips will help you get better insight and that you gathered some useful information before the gameweek 13 deadline.
Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of zte1cv. Or click the auto-join here.
Good luck in FPL GW13!
Further reading: FPL Tips for success