Well done to all Rashford (triple) captainers in the previous double gameweek. But now is it time to focus on double gameweek 23 in Fantasy Premier League.
Let’s jump to our FPL GW23 Tips
1. Fantasy Premier League Double Gameweek 23 Tips
- Manchester City and Arsenal have a double gameweek
- target Manchester City, Arsenal, and Newcastle players if you are on a free hit (although it might be more valuable later in the season, especially in big blank in GW28)
- Haaland + Ederson + KdB/Mahrez is our preferred trio from Man City
- Arsenal also have a double in GW25, meaning they play 5 matches in next 3 gameweeks. You need three players from their team from GW23 onwards
- GW25 will be blank and double at the same time, plan for that gameweek. Liverpool, Wolves, Arsenal and Everton play twice in DGW25.
- Saka + Odegaard + Gabriel is our preferred trio from Arsenal. Nketiah also an amazing option, but we cannot fit him in. Martinelli is a sell, GW22 showed that Trossard is a threat to his playing time
- Do not forget to plan for blank gameweeks: GW25 and GW28
- Gameweek 23 Differential: Wilson
- Differential captain for GW23: Saka
- Gameweek 27 will be a double gameweek for Brentford, Brighton, Crystal Palace and Southampton
Big thanks to Mikkel Tokvam for creating this useful overview of upcoming double gameweeks and blank gameweeks:
After DGW 25 announced and FA Cup Rd. 5 settled, here is an updated table for expected no. of fixtures per GW: pic.twitter.com/jenfd7gioD
— the Transfer Algorithm (@MikkelTokvam) February 8, 2023
2. Fixtures to target in GW23
In which fixtures we could expect a lot of fantasy points? Fixtures to target in Gameweek 23 according to bookies odds:
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa: Citizens 79 % to win, 48 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Arsenal vs Brentford: The Gunners 69 % to win, 36 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Liverpool vs Everton: The Reds 64 % to win, 30 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Bournemouth vs Newcastle: Newcastle 64 % to win, 28 % to score 2.5+ goals
And of course the double gameweek fixture, as Manchester City and Arsenal play twice.
3. Best players to pick in Gameweek 23 and onwards
We also looked at players from each position: goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and forwards.
We examine which players are best picks in each price bracket: budget enablers, midpriced picks, and premium options:
- Best FPL goalkeepers to pick in Gameweek 23
- Best FPL defenders to pick in Gameweek 23
- Best FPL midfielders to pick in Gameweek 23
- Best FPL forwards to pick in Gameweek 23
4. Best (triple) captain pick in Double Gameweek 23
Who to captain in gameweek 23? We will keep the captaincy section short once again.
Captaincy is clear for DGW23. Haaland is the obvious captain pick by a big margin. It is a no-brainer. He might even be your triple captain, if you hadn’t used your TC chip on Rahsford in the last gameweek. Our captaincy index agrees.
- According to the captaincy index, Haaland is the best captain pick in GW23 with a score of 2.16.
- Salah is second with a score of 1.66
- And Mahrez is third with a captaincy index value of 1.58
But if you want to try something different, Saka would be our differential captain.
5. What bookies odds say about Gameweek 23
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 23.
Clean sheet odds for GW23
Manchester City (50 % & 26 %), Arsenal (46 % & 22 %) and Newcastle (47 %) are most likely to keep a clean sheet in GW23. Try to have defensive coverage from all three teams in double gameweek 23.
⚽Here are the clean sheet odds for GW23 in #FPL#GW23 #FPLCommunity
Find full table at: https://t.co/qqR5rk3ohZ pic.twitter.com/QR0vs8WiFG
— Fantasy Football Reports (@FplReports) February 10, 2023
Bookies expect 5.91 clean sheets in gameweek 23. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.58 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.64 clean sheets per gameweek.
Clean Sheet Odds For DGW23 Teams
|Expected Clean Sheets||Probability of at least one CS||Probability of two CS|
|Manchester City||0.76||63 %||13 %|
|Arsenal||0.68||58 %||10 %|
Due to a correction in the number of clean sheets: Newcastle, Brentford
Newcastle overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 6.25 clean sheets instead of 12 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Southampton, Liverpool
Southampton underperformed their defensive expectations the most of all teams. They should have kept 2.86 clean sheets instead of 1 according to our expected clean sheets table.
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW23
As usual, Haaland leads the any-time goalscorer odds table for GW23. Mitrovič and Kane follow.
💡Here are the goalscoring odds for GW23 in #FPL. Haaland leads again.#GW23 #FPLCommunity
Full table at: https://t.co/et4aIgW3PX pic.twitter.com/07AFJ7NZ23
— Fantasy Football Reports (@FplReports) February 10, 2023
You can look at all most likely goalscorers for GW23 here: Premier League Goalscoring Odds.
Improve your fantasy football skills with these 4 books >>
6. Chips in DGW23
As we mentioned, DGW23 could be a good week to triple captain Haaland. If you are looking to use some other chips in this gameweek, here are some of our team selections:
- FPL Wildcard Team Inspiration for GW23
- FPL Free Hit Team Inspiration for GW23
7. FPL GW23 Team selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW23. Haaland is our captain.
8. Fantasy Premier League Tips
Find more tips, strategies and picks for Fantasy Premier League in these articles:
- Beginner? Read our guide: How to play Fantasy Premier League
- Confused about the rules? Read the Official rules of the game or check our FAQs
- Want to beat your mini-league rivals? This article is for you: 7 Key Tips for Fantasy Premier League Success
- Interested in improving your decision-making process when picking players to your fantasy team? Check out Books that will help you to improve your FPL skills
We hope our FPL GW23 tips helped you to gather some useful information before the Gameweek 23 deadline.
Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of zte1cv. Or click the auto-join here.
Good luck in FPL GW23!