Gameweek 10 is almost here and we are aproaching a very hectic period of Fantasy Premier League season where every mistake, every early transfer can be very costly.
We have a very tight schedule and injuries are starting to happen. That shows how important is to be extra careful with our transfers and to manage risk of our FPL teams wisely.
Read more: How to order your bench during hectic FPL periods
Let’s quickly look at FPL GW10 Tips, captain, picks, transfer targets and more.
FPL Gameweek 10 Tips, Differentials and Transfer Targets
Still have not decided about your moves for #GW10 in #FPL? Here our Gameweek 10 Tips!— FPL Reports (@FplReports) October 7, 2022
Full article here:https://t.co/P09lBLqZWE pic.twitter.com/BfMsDxobMU
- Be careful with your transfers and leave them as late as possible, as we have a tight schedule and many midweek games
- Expect heavy rotation from Gameweek 10 onwards, so order your bench correctly
- If you still have your wildcard, you can save it to GW13 which allows you to rebalance your squad after blank gameweek 12 and easily bring back City and Arsenal players
- However, if you have many injuries in your FPL team, it is okay to pull the wildcard trigger now
- Key players to own right now: Haaland, Cancelo, Maddison, James, Trippier
- Transfer targets for GW10: Zaha, Maddison, James
- Gameweek 10 differentials: Rodrigo – back from injury, had 3 shots against Aston Villa, Wilson – back from injury and back on the scoresheet. Potential Mitrovič or Isak replacement in our FPL teams.
- Differential captain for GW10: Maddison
Fixtures to target in Gameweek 10
Fixtures to target in Gameweek 10 according to bookies odds.
- Manchester City vs. Southampton: City 85 % to win, 63 % to score 2.5+ goals
- Chelsea vs. Wolves: Chelsea 70 % to win, 34 % to score 2.5+ goals
- West Ham vs. Fulham: West Ham 55 % to win, 26% to score 2.5 goals
- Newcastle vs. Brentford – Newcastle 53 % to win, 25 % to score 2.5+ goals
Best Captain Pick in Gameweek 10
We will keep the captaincy section short.
According to our captaincy index, Haaland is the best captain in FPL GW10.
De Bruyne is the number two, and Son is the number three captain pick.
What bookies odds say about GW10
As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 10.
Clean sheet odds for GW10
Bookmakers expect Manchester City (50 %) and Chelsea (50 %) to keep clean sheets in gameweek 10.
Clean Sheets Odds for GW10 #FPL #FPLCommunity #GW10 pic.twitter.com/nRzxv9mH6A— FPL Reports (@FplReports) October 6, 2022
Bookies expect 5.02 clean sheets in gameweek 10. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.58 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 4.44 clean sheets per gameweek.
Bournemouth overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 1.63 clean sheets instead of 3 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to a correction in the number of clean sheets: Bournemouth, Wolves
Chelsea underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 2.59 clean sheets instead of 1 according to our expected clean sheets table.
Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Chelsea, Southampton
You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.
Goalscoring odds for GW10
The usual picture here. Haaland leads by miles the goalscoring odds table for GW10.
You can look at all most likely GW10 goalscorers here.
Goalscoring Odds for GW10 #FPL #FPLCommunity #GW10 pic.twitter.com/XzcNdHH1OR— FPL Reports (@FplReports) October 6, 2022
FPL GW10 Team - scout selection
Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW10. Haaland is our GW10 captain.
4.5 m | LEE (H)
7.2 m | SOU (H)
6.0 m | WOL (H)
5.5 m | BRE (H)
4.3 m | NFO (A)
12.4 m | SOU (H)
8.1 m | BOU (A)
7.3 m | LEE (H)
7.6 m | WOL (H)
12.1 m | SOU (H)
7.2 m | BRE (H)
Hopefully, our tips will help you get better insight before the start of GW10 and that you gathered some useful information before the gameweek 10 deadline.
Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of zte1cv. Or click the auto-join here.
Good luck in FPL GW10!
Further reading: FPL Tips for success