Just three games left in EURO 2020, which means that there are not going to be a lot of Fantasy points around.
There are not many good fantasy options left, so the fantasy squads of many managers will look very similar in the EURO 2020 Semifinals.
It will be extremely hard to move in overall rankings or in your mini-leagues.
But we at Fantasy Football Reports are here with tips to help you navigate the Semifinals of EURO 2020 Fantasy.
Strategy for EURO 2020 Fantasy Semifinals
Your strategy for this round depends on the number of eliminated players in your fantasy team.
Strategy if you have a lot of eliminated players
If a lot of your players got eliminated in EURO 2020 Quarterfinals, you have to focus on these things:
Make sure (again, just as in Quarterfinals) you have 11 starters no matter what. This should not be as problematic as it was in Quarterfinals, because we have 5 free transfers available.
But if you cannot get 11 starters with your free transfers, take -4 hit. But only to get those 11 players. Do not take -4 for 12th, 13th , etc, player.
We have just two games in the semifinals: there will not be a lot of fantasy points around, so hits for you bench players and substitutions will not worth it.
Focus on must-have players and talismans – most likely sources of fantasy points – Kane, Sterling, Insigne, Immobile, Ferran Torres, Alba, Dolberg, Maehle… You will likely do not get them all, but try to bring in as many of them as possible.
And make sure you have two best captaincy options for both semifinal days – bring in those players if you do not have them.
Strategy if you have just a few eliminated players
If you used your wildcard in the last round, there is a high chance that you do not have a lot of eliminated players in your fantasy team for EURO 2020 Semifinals.
Therefore, your strategy for this round will be a little bit different.
You should focus on these things:
Make sure you have 15 playing players – that you can make all subs. Also, make sure you have goalkeepers for both days, so you can sub off the first one if necessary.
Focusing on having a full playing team (15 players) will be your huge advantage in this round.
Many fantasy managers who used their wildcard in the group stage, do not have that luxury right now and they have to focus solely on fielding 11 playing players and benching eliminated players (that is the best strategy for them).
But also make sure that the bigger half of your team plays on the first day to make your subs more effective (ideally: 8 players on Tuesday, and 7 players on Wednesday). That way more of your players have a chance to blank and can be subbed off.
The last thing you should focus on is obvious: having a great captain for each day within the matchday.
EURO 2020 Fantasy Semifinals Tips
- Pick your strategy based on the number of eliminated players in your team.
- Spread funds into players from all 4 teams, but put a little more emphasis on two teams that are more likely to advance to the final (Italy, England)
- There will not be a lot of clean sheets (maybe none), so pick attacking defenders from all teams, but put a little more emphasis on teams that have a high probability of a clean sheet
- Play it safe in the semifinals, do not take a lot of risk by going for differential players. Many managers will be reckless and will try to take more risk in this gameweek (bringing in differentials, going overweight in one team or defense), but they might get burned. So, just picked the players you think will get the most points in this gameweek. There will be time to play it riskier in the final and we will show you how.
- If you cannot maximize the budget of 106, 107 or 108 million, it is fine. Pick the best players – players that are going to score points, and not the most expensive players. If it will leave you 3 or 4 million in the bank, it is fine.
Best captains for EURO 2020 Semifinals
We are backing Italy and England to do well in the semifinals and we picked our captains from those two teams: Immobile on Tuesday, and Harry Kane on Wednesday.
We are keeping the threshold of switching the captaincy on the same level as in the Quarterfinals – 5 points. It means that if Immobile scores 5 or more fantasy points, we will keep the armband on him.
Opportunity for our readers
Before we move on to our scout squad for this round, we would like to present an opportunity for Fantasy Football Reports readers.
We are expanding our team of writers.
Would you like to write for us about Fantasy Premier League and Fantasy Champions League?
If so, read this short article and send us an email (you will find email address in the article). Thank you!
Let’s finish our EURO 2020 Fantasy Tips for Semifinals with our scout picks. These are 15 players that we think will do best in this round.