FPL GW 33 Tips

There are just few gameweeks left in this Fantasy Premier League season. The exciting part is that FPL managers will have a lot of outstanding opportunities (blank and double gameweeks) to shake with overall ranking or rankings in their mini leagues. 

The first opportunity starts now, with double gameweek 33.

Let’s quickly jump tour FPL GW33 Tips

FPL GW33 Tips

Key notes for FPL GW33

Let’s start with our key notes for GW33 of FPL.

  • If you have free hit AND wildcard left, GW33 is perfect to use the free hit
  • If you do not have free hit, you could focus on Manchester United players who could potentially have two double gameweeks in row (GW33+GW34) if Chelsea beat Crystal Palace on Sunday and their fixture against red devils gets moved to GW34
  • In GW33, focus on Leicester, Arsenal, Newcastle and Manchester United players
  • If you are on free hit, you do not need to have full XI of double gameweekers – single gameweek players from City and Spurs are great options as well
  • Best goalkeepers for FPL GW33: Schmeichel (save points potential) or Ramsdale (clean sheet potential but Arsenal defense is out of form). 
  • Differential: James Justin

Further reading: 3 Essential tips for effective use of wildcard in FPL

Who is the best captain in FPL GW33

We will keep the captaincy section short once again.

If you would like to know more about the process we use to select the captain every gameweek, read our article: How to pick the right captain in FPL?

According to this decision-making process, we think Ronaldo is the best captain in FPL GW33.

Fernandes is our number two, and Son is the number three captain pick.

Differential captain: Bukayo Saka 

What bookies odds say about GW33

As usual, we converted bookies odds into probabilities using our Odds to probability calculator, to assess the potential of gameweek 33.

Clean sheet odds for GW33

Manchester City (58 %) is the only team with a probability of a clean sheet in GW33 higher than 50 %. Bookies also favor Manchester United (50 %) and Tottenham (44 %) to keep a clean sheet in GW33.

Bookies expect 6.69 clean sheets in gameweek 33. In last season, we were used to a rate of 5.89 per clean sheets gameweek. This season we have seen clean sheets at the rate of 5.47 clean sheets per gameweek.

Liverpool and Manchester City are due to the correction in their clean sheet count, we expect both teams to concede goals in the upcoming gameweeks.

Due to correction in the number of clean sheets: Liverpool, Manchester City

Liverpool overperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. The reds should have kept 12.38 clean sheets instead of 18 according to our expected clean sheets table.

Due to an improvement in the number of clean sheets: Leeds, Manchester United

Manchester United underperformed their defensive expectations the most from all teams. They should have kept 10.29 clean sheets instead of 7 according to our expected clean sheets table.

You can see the expected clean sheets table and clean sheet odds for all Premier League teams here.

Goalscoring odds for GW33

Ronaldo (53 %) leads the any time goalscorer odds table for GW33. Salah (47 %) follows.

You can look at all most likely goalscorers here.

FPL GW33 Free Hit Team

Now let’s look at our FPL team for GW33. Ronaldo is our captain. You can check our GW33 Free Hit team here.

Conclusion

We hope our FPL GW33 tips helped you to gather some useful information before the deadline.

Join our Fantasy Football Reports League if you haven’t already with a league code of dwchch. Or click the auto-join here

Good luck in FPL GW33!

Further reading: FPL Tips for success

Matej Šuľan

Fantasy Football enthusiast with two top 1k finishes in FPL. Best FPL overall rank: 119th in 2019/20 season. Four top 500 finishes in UCL Fantasy, best overall rank: 23rd in 2018/19 season. Founder of Fantasy Football Reports.